Thursday, May 4, 2017

An Atlanta Blogger: The Colonade

>





For a long time, I have wanted to try out the Colonade Restaurant in Midtown, on Cheshire Bridge Road. That restaurant has been there for many many years and I had read good things about it so I decided to go down there today and try it out. I combined my visit there with some antiques shopping. And here are a few pictures of the block that they were in. 
This first picture is of a business just down from the restaurant.









And this one was across the street





And here's one of the antique shops in that block that I visited. In addition to great furniture and acessories, they had a great collection of old and rare books. Unfortunately, I could only afford one page so I passed them up! Included here are pictures of some other businesses by the restaurant.

And this is the restaurant. It had an aire of "yesteryear" to it.


I ordered their boneless fried chicken with sides of white beans, a baked potatoe and an assortment of breads - and sweet tea, of course. For dessert, I had apple pie with cream.

Here was my waiter, Randell. He told me that like the restaurant, he had been there many years. And this last picture was of the vestibule as you enter.

If you are a guest in my hotel and you'd like to visit there, get on 85 in front of the hotel and go south (to the left). Go inside the perimeter (cross under interstate 285 at Spaghetti Junction) and proceed until you come to the Cheshire Bridge Road -Lenox Road exit. Turn to the left and the restaurant will be on the left about 5 minutes down. 



And this video is of another retaurant just acros the street.