Wednesday, May 3, 2017

An Atlanta Blogger: Arabic International market





In my last post, I told you about the international market, Assi Plaza. The Assi Plaza is mainly an Asian market. Today, I went to another international market. It is an Arabic market and you will see writing showing such. What a market!

If you are a guest in my hotel, pull out of the parking lot and go to the right, to the light. At the light, turn right onto Pleasant Hill Road and go THROUGH the 3rd light. Right past the third light, turn into the shopping center on the right. You will see the market sitting right next to Family Dollar Store.

I asked them if they minded if I took some pictures and they didn't as long as I didn't photograph them.

When you enter, the first thing you are struck with is the Arabic music playing over the loud speakers. I loved that. As I have said, if I am going to an international restaurant or store, I want it to reflect the culture from their home land. So, the music was Arabic. There was Arabic writing on the walls and the employees were Arabic. They have goods from all over the middle east. I tried to capture some in these pictures. 






By the time I got there, I was hungry. And so I headed to their Deli area. The lady behind the counter gave me several choices and I chose the meat kabob with rice and fries. It was SO good. The meat just fell off of the stick. The rice had herbs in it and the fries were seasoned with a special salt. By the time I was finished I was full.


See the writing!



Here was the deli area where I ate.


Here was my food.

On the way home, I stopped in at a pawn shop and "windowed shopped. And then, I stopped in at Baskin Robbins (which is just behind the hotel). I had a double dip of chocolate chip mint and Banana and Strawberry Cream. It was a great dessert to a full meal.


And having nothing to do with Atlanta and everything to do with beauty, here is my closing song for this post. This is Joe McElderry from Britain's Got Talent. Enjoy