Sunday, April 30, 2017

An Atlanta Blogger: Assi Plaza



I walked over to Assi Plaza today. If you are a guest in my own hotel, it is directly behind the hotel. You would just pull out of the hotel, to the right and go to the light. At the light, turn right, go through one light and at the second light, turn left and then turn into the plaza to your right. This is an international plaza with restaurants from China, Korea, India, Peru, Vietnam, Colombia, the Philipines and Mexico. 

Additionally, there is a WONDERFUL Asian mega store with fruits, vegetables, foods and goods from all over Asia. Here is a small clip about their stores (not this one in particular).




I decided to try a place that I had never been. So I stopped into Las Delicias de la Abuela. This particular restaurant just recently opened in this plaza but their main store has been here in Atlanta for some time and has been well received. Here is a short clip:




This was on the door as I entered:




I snapped this picture of several of the waiters standing at the front counter waiting on their orders. The first thing I was struck with as I entered was the rich Latino atmosphere. There was Spanish music playing, Spanish language channels on the several televisions and all of the staff was speaking in Spanish. I just can't stand it when I go into a restaurant from another part of the world and I hear Madonna singing and I have a waitress come over and they ask me: "Whada you have, hon?". That turns me off to the experience. But, fortunately, that wasn't the case here. It was a GREAT atmosphere!



I knew that I would also be trying a second restaurant INSIDE the plaza (this one was outside in the complex) so I just ordered a small dish. I have always loved french fries so I decided to see how the Colombians (by the way, the singer in my last post's music choice, is from Colombia) would serve them up. The french fries themselves weren't anything to write home about BUT the sauces they had on top were another story: SO GOOD! I had never had them so tasty. I LOVED it. I definitely will go back here for a larger meal. Here is a picture of the fries.





After leaving there, I headed over to the plaza, itself. 



Here is a picture of the corridor with some of the stores. The Security Guard told me to be "discreet" when taking pictures so I was. But besides a LARGE food area, they had kiosks for clothing, jewelry, furniture, bakeries, electronics and gadgets: all run by different people and nationalities. It was great. And they had a large food court. I had eaten here before at a Peruvian eatery and so today, I had a hankering (southern term?) for Indian food.





And so I stopped in at the Tandoori Palace. It wasn't a palace at all but just a kiosk in the food court. But that didn't matter because the food was very tasty. 




I chose the Samosas and the Han bread. Yum, yum! I have always loved Han bread and this place didn't let me down. 








And this last picture is of part of the food court.

If you are a guest in my hotel, be sure to visit there. The atmosphere there is great.

For my last post, be sure to click on "Older Posts", below.

And now, having nothing to do with Atlanta and everything to do with beauty, here is my closing song for this post. Enjoy.