Thursday, May 12, 2016

An Atlanta Blogger: The Georgia Aquarium





Over the years, I have sent probably hundreds of people to The Georgia Aquarium. But everything I had told them of the place, I had read and had heard from past guests. I had never actually BEEN there. So today, I decided to change that. I called up Uber (I have NO interest in driving downtown) and had them come pick me up. I got down there around 12:00, 

I presented my City Pass print out that I had printed out when I bought my tickets online (look to the left) and they, in turn, gave me my City Pass Booklet. Then I went to the entrance gate and the lady took out the Aquarium page and let me in. Oh, the kids!!!  It seemed like HUNDREDS of school age kids in school groups, excited, shouting and jumping up and down with glee. They added to the great atmosphere. Anyway, what a place! They have a lot of what seemed like dark mazes to walk through full of glass aquariums: LARGE aquariums. I saw SO many kinds of species, ones that I didn't even know EXISTED! 

Have you ever read that story in the Bible about Jonah and the big fish and had someone tell you that there isn't really a fish large enough to swallow a man? Well, those doubts would be put to rest. I went to the Beluga Whale aquarium. Those are some BIG fish. It just so happened that there were two divers in the aquarium and they swam past the whale and one could easily see that those men could have been that whale's dinner!!

The aquarium is two floors and they have elevators and escalators if you don't want to take the stairs. I rode the escalator to the second floor and watched the dolphins put on a show. They would swim right up to the glass where the little children were pressed up against it and it was as if they did so just to amuse the children. It was great. THEN, I took in a show in one of their theaters. They were showing a movie about penguins - an animated movie and the theater was FULL of children. We all were given 3-D glasses to wear and they had special effects. Every time water would be splashed in the movie, water would spray out into the audience. The children would ROAR. It was great. 

Not only was the place full of different exhibits but it also had a food court area and a gift shop. It was a very enjoyable afternoon. 

Now, I can tell my guests from a first hand view point. I put a review on Trip Advisor as well. 

I called Uber and they came and picked me up and took me back home. The fair was twice as much going home!!?  I had him drop me off at the hotel and I walked across the street and treated myself to the Chinese buffet. Yum, yum. 



the dolphins . . .








I don't know WHAT that thing is above the smaller fish . . .




Look how BIG that aquarium is!!




See the whale . . . 








We were standing UNDERNEATH the aquarium!! . . . 




the Penguins . . . 







Beluga Whale . . .







If you are planning to come to Atlanta and see the sights, just click on the link to the left and purchase your tickets. You will save ALMOST half off. They will email you a form like the one above. Then you will hand that it to the first sight you visit and they will, in turn, give you a booklet like the one below. You will present that to each of the places you go and they will tear out the page for their attraction. It's a GREAT savings!!




If you have any questions that I can help you with, just write me to the right and I will answer you back.

And having nothing to do with Atlanta but everything to do with beauty, here is my closing song for this post: the wonderful Ella Fitzgerald singing "Embraceable You". Enjoy.