Friday, February 5, 2016

An Atlanta Blogger: The Georgia Diner


Today was a busy day at work. We have a full house arriivng tonight and so we were busy this morning preparing for it. We already have a basketball group (two vans) with us and many more arriving for the weekend. Today, there were online reviews to answer, welcome letters to write and guest interactions and so it made for a busy morning. 

After work, we stopped by the Georgia Diner. This is a local land mark that sits behind the hotel. Open 24 hours, they serve the most delicious food with plenty of choices. As I posted on Trip Advisor  yesterday, if I had a nickle for every time I have been there, I'd be RICH! 

But if you are a guest in my hotel, or you PLAN to stay with me, you need to visit this place. They have the tallest cakes you've ever seen. One slice fills your whole plate. And they are open around the clock. Just leave the hotel and go to the light. Turn right. go through one light and there they are, on the right. 

If you are a Concierge or Guest Service Representative in another Atlanta hotel and you'd like to try them out so that you can recommend them to your own guests, go up 85 towards Greenville. When you get to exit 104, turn right. Go through two lights and they will be on the right. 







We fought the traffic and made our way on back home. I have an early day tomorrow and have to spend 16 hours  at the hotel, so it's an early night for me tonight.

And having nothing to do with Atlanta and everything to do with beauty, here is my closing song for this post. It's in Italian, but one doesn't have to understand Italian to understand the emotion and beauty this young man puts into this song. This is "Caruso", sung by Ceasar Camargo. Enjoy!