Tuesday, February 2, 2016

An Atlanta Blogger: A "hole in the wall"

Today, I had to walk up to H & R Block and drop off something for my tax preparer, Sue. After doing so, I then had to cross the street and make a deposit at my bank. After finishing my two tasks, the rest of the afternoon was mine.

It was time to get a bite to eat and as you can imagine, here in the Atlanta suburb of Duluth, there are restaurants and choices, galore! So I crossed the street and went into a shopping center where I knew there were a number of great and tasty choices. At first, I was going to stop at a Pizza place but by the time I got there, I had changed my mind. Then there was a Vietmanese restaurant - no thanks. Have you ever heard that old saying that the "holes in the walls" are the best places?  I mean that in the nicest and best way possible. I came across one such place. I just mean that it wasn't a flashy restaurant with exciting signage. It was a little place in the shopping center. It was called Vallarta. 

Boy!  I am so glad I stopped in. When I entered, there was the immediate recognition of Latino culture and flavor. There two wall televisions, blaring out Spanish broadcasting and there were people all over the place. 

After looking at their menu, I decided on just getting three tacos because I wasn't sure if I would like them and the tacos were CHEAP. But look at the size of those things. And they were SO tasty. It took me forever to eat them. The only disappointing thing about that restaurant was that I didn't get to speak in Spanish. They spoke perfect English. 

If you are a guest in my hotel and if you would like to try them out, just go to the light at Pleasant Hill and turn to the right. Go to the third light. You will see a Wallgreens. And the restaurant is in THAT shopping center, right  behind Wallgreens. You'll love it. 

If you are a hotel Concierge or Guest Service Representative and you would like to try them out, just go to exit 104, Pleasant Hill Road. From Atlanta, turn right and go to the third light. You will see Wallgreens on the left. They are right there, in that shopping center. This is a great little place to send your guests. 









After leaving there, I walked on down the road to another shopping center where there is a dollar store- the kind where everything is a dollar. I needed some pens and so I got 10 for a dollar. I thought that was a good deal!

And then it was on to home. By this time, it was getting dark and so I apologize for the lack of light in these photos. But I live in an area where there is a large number of Geese. One can hear them chirping and carrying on with one another. Sometimes one will see them waddling down the street and other times flying overhead in formation. I snapped this picture of the lake where they congregate. I apologize it isn't too bright.




I live just off of a business district and at this time of the evening, there isn't much traffic at all and so it makes for great walking. That's one of the buildings along the way.






And having nothing to do with Atlanta and everything to do with beauty, here is my closing song for this post: Helmut Lotti singing "I Wonder". Enjoy.