Tuesday, May 6, 2014

An Atlanta Blogger: The Orange Conference



.

Of Interest to Atlantans and Atlanta visitors:



This past weekend, thousands and thousands of people converged on my little suburb for the annual "Orange Conference", a conference for church workers of children. And my own little hotel had its share of them as well. In fact, we had many of them. Just as a few weeks ago when we had a Tennessee Basketball group with us, you could see orange everywhere. Orange glasses, orange shirts, orange books, orange, orange, orange! It seems that we have many of the same people each year and this year was no different. We had a nice group fly over here all the way from Germany. You can see them here.




Of interest to this Atlantan

Yesterday and today was spent in leisure - well sort of. A trip to Piedmont park. Piedmont Park is the "Central Park" of Atlanta - very old just like the one in New York.





I snapped the above picture IN Piedmont Park looking towards the city. Right beside the park is Atlanta Botanical Gardens. When you come, you'll have to visit them. SO BEAUTIFUL.

Besides that, it's been working on different projects and the time has flown. Tomorrow I am boarding Marta and hopefully making my first video for my new You Tube channel. I am going to film what is involved in boarding Marta. Come back and see how I did. I don't think I am going to win any awards from Hollywood, though.

And having nothing to do with Atlanta and everything to do with beauty, here is my closing song for this post: British singer Alfie Boe singing "Bring him Home". Enjoy.