Friday, May 30, 2014

An Atlanta Blogger: Duluth Home Cooking





Recently, I noticed the above restaurant. It USED to be a Chinese restaurant so I was curious about it because I LOVE home-style American cooking. So today I decided to give it a try. It is located in Mall Corners which is located at the corner of Pleasant Hill Road and Satellite Boulevard in Duluth. It's called Duluth Home Cooking. Their address is 3620 Satellite Blvd.









This was my first plate: meat loaf, green beans, french fries, mashed potatos, ocra and CORN BED!!! Yum yum.







This was two of their buffet islands although I didn't do a great job of capturing the whole island.





In addition to biscuits and rolls, they had corn bed! I began to become a little nervous because I saw one of the waitresses eyeing me as I was taking pictures so I didn't take a picture of their BIGGEST and best buffet island full of meats.









Here was my second plate: green beans, pinto beans, squash, chicken fried steak and rolls. THIS is my kind of eating!!!! It was SO good.





"It is what it is. It was what it was . . . . "






As I was leaving the restaurant, I noticed this newspaper write up on their wall. Apparently they have other locations. If you are ever in the Duluth area, I would recommend visiting them. I was so full when I left. I forgot to mention that they had a whole island of desserts which I didn't try.







Today was a day of leisure so I had walked over to the restaurant. When I left the restaurant, I decided to walk over to Santa Fe Mall which is a Mexican mall nearby. So that's what I did. Santa Fe has a Mexican flavor to it with brightly colored decorations, Spanish everywhere, Spanish music, etc. I always enjoy going there. And you will too.






As you can see, it is brightly colored and everything is in Spanish.






After walking in the hot sun from the restaurant, I was thirsty so I decided to go to their food court and have a coke. They didn't accept credit cards and I didn't have any cash on me. So it was no drink for me. I then headed on home. I went up to Steve Reynolds Blvd and turned left. Here I crossed over Interstate 85. Look at all those cars going every which way!!






Once on the other side of 85, I was nearly home. As you can see, Atlanta has many trees and the area that I live in is no exception. Here I was heading down the road to my home.






Getting nearer . . .






And almost home . . .



And having nothing to do with Atlanta and everything to do with beauty, here is my closing song for this post: the famous Dame Shirley Bassey singing a beautiful song.