Thursday, May 29, 2014

An Atlanta Blogger: Baps Temple




I told you yesterday that I had gone to Global Mall. To get there, I went down Highway 29 (also known as Lawrenceville Highway) to Jimmy Carter Boulevard. Right before I reached Jimmy Carter, I came across the Baps Hindu Temple on Rockbridge Road. I encourage you to click on the link and read about its construction. I pulled in and took these two shots. I regret they didn't show up better and I'll make a point to visit the inside and give a better post about it. But you can see its spires rising in the background. It is very impressive.






After leaving the Temple, I headed down Jimmy Carter Boulevard towards the Spanish-speaking area . . .






Jimmy Carter Boulevard is a hotbed of Hispanic culture with stores, clubs and businesses. . . .









Then it was on to the mall I told you about yesterday.

Today, I haven't left the house. Hence, no pictures for today. Today has been a day of leisure. Soup for lunch and toast and gravy for dinner.

I was sorry to read that the great Maya Angelou passed away. Such a great lady, she was. Bless her memory.

Today, besides answering some emails, deleting others etc, I was able to complete a chapter on the book I am working on concerning my industry. I'm plugging along and one day, hopefully, I will be able to say I have FINISHED it.

And having nothing to do with Atlanta and everything to do with beauty, here is my closing song for this post: the great Andy Williams singing "The Impossible Dream".