Tuesday, October 15, 2013

An Atlanta Blogger: New shoes and the Golden Corral





Yesterday, we went to the shoe store because I needed a new pair of walking shoes. If you have read this blog for some time, you know that I walk to and from work most of the time. By purpose and design, I live only about three blocks from work and see no reason to spend my gas and deny myself the health benefits of walking. So, we went to the "shoe store" . . .




where I found a great and new-looking pair of very comfortable walking shoes for just $5.00. THAT was the "frugal"  side of me. THEN we went  . . . .





to one of our favorite buffet places: The Golden Corral, where we totally blew any savings I may have made at the shoe store. But it was SO good and one only lives once.

At the hotel this weekend, we had a nice Saturday and a VERY busy Sunday afternoon with many check ins. One of our guest couples, an older couple, came to the desk and gave me a very nice comment card which I posted on our employee bulletin board and also in my online scrapbook. I also noticed that we received two nice comments on line at our hotel site. Yay! To the clerks and guest service folk reading this (anyone, really), here is a great little diddy that I found:

"If the day and the night are such that you greet them with joy, and life emits a fragrance like flowers and sweet-scented herbs, is more elastic, more starry, more immortal - that is your success." 
Henry David Thoreau

And having nothing to do with Atlanta and everything to do with beauty, here is my closing song for this post: a broadway version of "All the things you are". Enjoy.