Saturday, August 31, 2013

An Atlanta Blogger: Stuffed Potatoes and homes

I took a drive over to my hometown, one state over,  to lay flowers on my folks graves. And I made it a point to stop by Big Bob Gibson's BBQ, which is a landmark over there. Bob is known for his white sauce which he markets up and down the country. I always have the same thing when I go there: a STUFFED potato, loaded with butter, chives, sour cream, pork and other mouth watering delights. As soon as you enter, you are bombarded with the smell that comes from bbq. My friend Toni and I enjoyed it immensely!!!



As you can see!!!

Then we stopped by the home I grew up in. It was sad to see that it didn't look the same.My mother had a wrought iron green fence where that handicapped ramp is and she had flowers along the length of it. The grass seemed greener and we had large trees in the yard. Time does change things, doesn't it.



And speaking of my mother . . .

"Most of all the other beautiful things in life come by two and threes, by dozens and hundreds.  Plenty of roses, stars, sunsets, rainbows, brothers and sisters, aunts and cousins, but only one mother in the whole world"  Kate Douglas Wiggin

And having nothing to do with Atlanta and everything to do with beauty, here is my closing song for this post: Keely Smith singing "I wish you love".  Enjoy.